DescriptionPlant Sterol Esters (90% combined beta-sitosterol, campesterol, stigmasterol)
- Plant Sterol Esters look similar in structure to cholesterol, so they compete with and block about 50% of cholesterol from food and bile from being absorbed2. This competitive action reduces LDL “bad” cholesterol and total cholesterol by about 10%, without reducing HDL “good” cholesterol in the body.
- Even a healthy diet does not provide enough Plant Sterol Esters to lower cholesterol, so supplementation is necessary to achieve adequate cholesterol-lowering doses2.
- Works in a similar way to cholesterol-lowering medications, called statins, but with a lower risk of side effects3.
- Inhibits the production of cholesterol in the liver, thereby lowering levels of total cholesterol by about 10% and LDL “bad” cholesterol by about 17%4.
- Significantly decreases the occurrence of both fatal and non-fatal cardiac events4.
- Kaneka Q+ Ubiquinol is an all-natural yeast-fermented form of CoQ10 that is more well-absorbed and more readily utilized by the body than conventional inactive ubiquinone CoQ10.
- Powerful antioxidant that helps to heal damage to blood vessels caused by high cholesterol5.
- Improves both blood pressure and HDL “good” cholesterol levels, and reduces total cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease5,6.